If you’re a business that works in construction or is currently undergoing construction, then chances are you need a solution for all of the scrap metal you have piling up. The outlet that most businesses use is scrap metal recycling, and James G. Grant Company, located in Readville, Massachusetts, is the go-to facility for all things scrap metal. For over 60 years, we have been serving our state’s businesses and their needs while also helping maintain our environment’s health.
At James G. Grant, we’re proud to provide Southborough, Massachusetts, scrap metal recycling services for just about every kind of metal that exists, and we commonly process and recycle the following metals:
Since the 1960’s, we have led the industry for scrap metal recycling, Southborough, Massachusetts, and today, we strive to continue providing excellent service to our clients, ensuring they feel good about their experience with us and with preserving our natural world.
Scrap metal recycling for Southborough, Massachusetts also provides a number of benefits, including:
- Saves energy. Extracting metals from ore is inefficient with both time and energy. Recycling scrap metal isn’t nearly as intensive and it requires fewer resources to process.
- Conserves resources. There is a limited amount of ore on the planet, and recycling helps preserve that finite resource. Recycling just one ton of steel conserves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, as well as 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone.
- Prevents waste. Fortunately, the majority of metal we use today has been recycled at least once. That’s a significant amount of metal which would have otherwise been headed for the incinerator or landfill sites. The recycling of metal creates greater efficiency and gives precious materials new purposes.
- Protects the environment. According to a report by The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, recycling scrap metal instead of mining and smelting it may cut greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 500 million tons. At James G. Grant, we’re proud to take action that prevents any further harm to our local and global environment.
- Boosts the economy. The US scrap industry employs around half a million workers, and thanks to the demand for scrap metal, the industry generates over $100 billion a year. Demolition asset recovery provides much of the available scrap metal in the US.
When processing your scrap metal, our facility accurately weighs each load of discarded metal and then compensates you with either cash or a credit to your account on our on-site ATM. The credit you receive for scrap metal recycling for Southborough, Massachusetts can then be used when you discard waste in the C&D transfer station.
If you are in need of scrap metal recycling services for your business, contact our experts here at James G. Grant Company today. Our team is happy to learn about your needs and discuss how you can benefit from recycling your scrap materials.